The Thunderbolt 3 downstream port can charge at up to 15W. If your connected devices aren’t charging, it may be due to an issue with the connected laptop, the device you’re charging, or the dock itself.
Here are some troubleshooting tips that may help identify and resolve the problem.
For the laptop:
- If your connected laptop does not support Thunderbolt, then the Thunderbolt 3 downstream port will not charge.
- Try this dock with a different Thunderbolt laptop to see whether your device can be charged.
For the device being charged:
- Confirm whether the device can be charged without the dock.
- Try using a different charging cable or charging a different device to see whether it can be charged normally.
For the dock:
- Check to see if the dock is correctly connected to your laptop and if the dock's LED light is on when the power button is pressed down.
1) Use the Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with the dock to connect the dock's Thunderbolt 3 upstream port (with a computer icon) to your laptop.
2) Plug one end of the included power adapter into the DC-IN port and the other into a power outlet.
3) Press down the power button, and the LED will turn green and then blue. If the light does not turn on, the dock may be defective.
If you’ve tried all of the above tips and the problem still persists, please contact MyAnker Customer Support for further assistance. Make sure to briefly mention the tips you’ve already tried so that a solution can be provided faster.