When connected the monitor to the hub/dock's DP(HDMI) port, the display has images but no sound on a monitor. This issue may be caused by the connected laptop, media player, display cable, monitor, or the hub/dock itself.
Here are some troubleshooting tips that may help you locate and resolve the issue.
- Check if the setting of audio output mode on the laptop is DP(HDMI) output when there is no audio output. If not, please change it to DP(HDMI) output.
- Try the hub/dock with a different laptop with a USB-C port and ensure that the C-port supports DP Alt Mode (display output) to see whether you can get a display with both images and sound.
For media players:
- Try a different media player to see whether it helps;
For display cables:
- Try the hub/dock with a different display cable.
- If possible, plug your display cable directly into your devices and see if you get a display with both images and sound.
- Try the hub/dock with a different monitor.
- Try with a different hub/dock to see whether you can get a display with both images and sound;
If all of the steps above cannot help you locate and resolve the problem, please contact MyAnker Customer Support for further assistance. Briefly mention the steps that you’ve already tried for a faster solution.